If you would like me to review an item, or sponsor me, just let me know, I'd love it!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pie Safe

We found this old Pie Safe in a barn in 2004 that was being torn down and were told we could just take it.  So we did, at the time we had no idea what it was.  It was so dirty and filled with dirt we started to take the screen off the clean it up.

Had we known what it was we might have just restored it instead of refinishing it.  Lloyd decided to make me a china cabinet out of it.  To most people I'm sure it looked like fire wood, but I saw a treasure and was so excited!

This is the Pie Safe today, Lloyd filled in all the sides with bead-board, I absolutely adore it! This is one of my favorite pieces in my home.

Lloyd cleaned up the hinges that were on it and spray painted them to look rusty, he did the same with the latch, but the latch was from an old window.



Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment