If you would like me to review an item, or sponsor me, just let me know, I'd love it!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hamburger Vegetable Soup

I looked online for something yummy for dinner.  I always seem to be looking for something quick.  This turned out so good!! (not sure if the picture does it justice) My hubby even decided he wanted this to be put on the 'Menu' regularly.  Since I wasn't sure how the new recipe would turn out I decided I'd better make some homemade rolls to go with it to make it better in case it didn't turn out. But they just added more to the delicious meal.

Hamburger Vegetable Soup
 
1 pound ground beef
4 cups beef broth
4 cups water
2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
3/4 cup elbow macaroni

Directions

  1. In a saute pan, brown ground beef, over medium heat.
  2. In a large stock pot, combine broth, water, onion soup mix, tomato sauce, celery, onion, frozen vegetables and macaroni. Bring to a boil and then simmer until macaroni is done.
  3. Add browned ground beef, mix and serve.

PS  I like to use 'picsweet' frozen veggies because they no longer put lima beans in the mix (I like them, but my hubby does not)  Next time I might try adding fresh veggies and/or using potatoes instead of macaroni.  You could also brown the hamburger then throw it all in the crock-pot for a quick meal too.  Oh, and if that many onions throw you off, I'm telling you to just try it!  It doesn't seem so onion-y.  I PROMISE!  But let me know what you think of this when you try it, or if you used a different variation!

No comments:

Post a Comment