If you would like me to review an item, or sponsor me, just let me know, I'd love it!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Oven Potatoes

This is a family favorite, that is so easy and yummy! Oven Potatoes were always in our home growing up, especially in the summer/fall after the garden potatoes were done.  Now that I live in Potato Country we always have Huge Beautiful Potatoes available. I used 5 Large potatoes, but you might need more than that depending on how much you want to make, the store bought potatoes are 1/3 the size of the ones we get locally, so keep that in mind.  I also cut up 1/2 cube of butter, but I'll sometimes use olive oil spray and just spray the potatoes with that before seasoning them.

Here are the potatoes sliced up with the butter spread throughout (or spray them with olive oil) Then I put season salt and garlic salt (or powder) on top.  Cover with tin foil and place in a 375*-400* oven for 45 min to an hour (depending on your oven).  Once the potatoes are done (poke them w/a fork) I uncover the potatoes and turn on the broiler for a few minutes to get potatoes crispy.

I didn't crispy the potatoes today, I kept them soft for the baby.  We eat them like french fries w/ fry sauce, ketchup or ranch.
When making fry sauce I never measure, but I put about 1/2 c mayo and about 3 tbsp of ketchup and I always put season salt and garlic in the sauce, (makes it better).  If you need more ketchup or mayo just add it until the color seems right.

If you have any variations of this type of dish let me know how you make yours!  I'd love to get some different yummy tips!



1 comment:

  1. fun friday follower:) check me out when you get a chance......those potatoes looks yum
    http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete