If you would like me to review an item, or sponsor me, just let me know, I'd love it!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Shrimp W/Penne

Our VERY FAVORITE meal has to be this Super Easy Recipe of Shrimp with Penne.   Here are all the basics, 1 pkg of Penne Pasta cooked, 2 zucchini quartered and sliced, two good sized garlic chopped,1 red bell pepper chopped, and 1 lb of shrimp w/o the tails. 

I defrost my shrimp (not all the way, so there is a little bit of ice still left on them for some liquid) then place in a pan w/1TBS of oil and the garlic.  Saute until shrimp start curling up, about 5 min.

Then add your pepper and zucchini, I also add season salt, and salt n pepper to taste.  Saute for about 5-7 min depending on how cooked you like your peppers and zucchini.  I have used orange and yellow peppers, but they're just not as beautiful as the red.

Once your veggies are done add the penne pasta.  It is so yummy!  My kids ask for this as their 'Birthday Dinner'.  I always like to keep these ingredients on hand since it is quick and easy.  I serve garlic/cheesy/french bread along with it.  Some days we add cheese on top too.  Another variation is, my Sis-In-Law likes to put Italian dressing on hers when it's a little dry (which is why I like to keep the shrimp a little frozen for extra liquid).

No comments:

Post a Comment