If you would like me to review an item, or sponsor me, just let me know, I'd love it!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes

They could have been prettier, but they tasted AMAZING!! This recipe made 2 dozen.
Mmmmm Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes!



Ingredients:

2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 can pineapple tidbits
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix

3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
12 maraschino cherries
 

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and butter; mix well. Spoon into 24 greased muffin cups(grease well, otherwise they stick and fall apart). 

Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Place one cherry and 5-6 pieces of pineapple in each muffin cup.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and
add water to reserved pineapple juice to make 1-1/4 cups ; mix well. Spoon over pineapple, filling each cup two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
let sit for 2 minutes then invert onto wire racks to cool.
Eat while still warm!


Following Skip To My Lou in their


Tip Junkie handmade projects

8 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, my favorite cake!!!! Thanks for the recipie and for the support at Crafts by Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look just wonderful and I bet they are, too. I will have to try this recipe. I love your blog. Thanks for coming by mine. I hope your daughter enjoys the beignets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm, those look yummy. I'll definitely have to try. Thanks for stopping by my little blog.
    Dana @ D'Lea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing!! I definitely have to give these a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks heavenly...plus they're so small, they probably have like no calories, right? Right? Just agree with me.

    Stumbled you...would love if you could stumble me back:
    http://www.keenlykristin.com/2011/03/remember-american-idols-chris-medina.html

    Thanks!
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who cares how they look if they taste wonderful.

    I stumbled this. My post is http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/2011/03/bitter-end.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband loves Pineapple Upside Down Cake... never thought of making minis before. Brilliant!

    Stumbled you. Here's a link to my post:
    http://www.mapleleafmommy.com/2011/03/review-sarahs-silks-from-bumblee-toys.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a creative twist to pineapple upside down cake - they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete