If you would like me to review an item, or sponsor me, just let me know, I'd love it!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nursing Covers

I had purchased myself a nice nursing cover at a craft fair when my 3 yr old was a baby, I only used it a handful of times and loved it!  I used the cover a zillion times for my 1 yr old, but had noticed my friends that had really crappy, tiny nursing covers that barely covered themselves much-less the baby.  They had gotten 'free' ones offline (where they just paid for the shipping) that had shrunk by 1/2 in the wash.  I was looking at mine one day while feeding the baby and noticed that it would be pretty simple to make one myself.  I had told a friend this, but since she didn't sew I offered to make her one. I went to Hobby Lobby, bought two different fabrics that looked like my friend and my Pregnant Sister-In-Law's styles.  I also bought some boning, matching ribbon, and 'd' rings.  It took me about 30 minutes to whip two of these babies up!  They were easy, fun, cheap, the perfect size, and cute too!!  Both my friend and my Sister-In-Law loved them!
I need to make some more to keep on hand for baby showers, but then again I like to pick out fabric that resembles her personality. Never underestimate yourself, if you put your mind to it, you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment